RACHEL WILSON - Acupuncture (TCM), Registered Midwife, Registered Nurse
Rachel trained in the 1990s as a Registered Midwife and has been practicing Midwifery since. Previously she trained as a Registered Nurse in the 1980s, working predominantly in the Emergency Department. Rachel has undergone a postgraduate diploma in Acupuncture (TCM), through AUT (Auckland University of Technology). She has a passion for holistic preventative models of medicine and health and has also completed a Primary Course in Nutritional and Environmental Medicine with ACNEM. Rachel is also a certified Fitgenes Practitioner. This is a process of DNA mapping and tailored interventions specific to your genetic profile. It is true we cannot change our genes but we can influence their expression by lifestyle, diet, supplements and exercise.
Her practice incorporates the scientific based knowledge of Western Medicine integrated with Traditional Chinese Medicine and nutritional principles. She has a passion for Women's health especially fertility, pre-conceptual, antenatal health including pre birth acupuncture and menopause.
As an Acupuncturist, Midwife and Nurse, Rachel's knowledge and experience is vast and current and she is able to work alongside your Specialist, Lead Maternity Carer, GP, Naturopath or other health providers.
Her qualifications are:
- Diploma of Nursing
- Diploma of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Health Science - Midwifery
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health Science - Traditional Chinese Acupuncture
- Primary course in Nutritional and Environmental Medicine - ACNEM
- Certificate in Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis
- Fitgenes Accredited Practitioner
- MINDD-Maps Certificate of Completion - Immunology Module
- Member of New Zealand Nurses Association - NZNO
- Member of New Zealand Institute of Acupuncture - NZIA
- Member of New Zealand Acupuncture Standards Authority - NZASA
- ACC Provider
MARGARET MORRIS - Naturopath, Acupuncturist and Chinese Herbalist
Margaret holds Master Degrees in both Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine and a Bachelor degree in Naturopathy. She has completed several other courses which are listed below and continues to attend professional courses annually both here in NZ and Australia to extend her knowledge and clinical skills. She has had many years of experience both as a Registered Nurse and Midwife prior to commencing practice in the year 2000.
Margaret is passionate about health and wellness and uses food as medicine in conjunction with acupuncture, herbal medicine and nutritional supplements as needed, depending on your individual health needs and issues. She is experienced in treating a wide range of health conditions such as stress, anxiety, sleep problems, digestive issues, pain syndromes and injuries. She has a special interest and years of experience working with couples with all kinds of fertility issues, including IVF and recurrent miscarriage.
Margaret is able to liaise with your medical team and other practitioners with the primary goal of meeting your health goals of a speedy recovery.
Her qualifications are:
- Integrated Diploma in RGN & RSCN (Paediatric & General Nursing) (Hons) (Ireland)
- Certificate in Midwifery (Fife, Scotland)
- BApSc (Nursing) (Australian Catholic University, Australia)
- Post Grad Diploma in Women's Health (University of Melbourne, Australia)
- BHSc (Naturopathy) (Southern School of Naturopathy, Melbourne, Australia)
- MApSc (Acupuncture) (RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia)
- MApSc (Chinese Herbal Medicine) (Distinction) (RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia)
- Advanced Cert in Natural Fertility Management (Francesca Naish, Sydney, Australia)
- Member of New Zealand Acupuncture Standards Authority (NZASA)
- Member of the New Zealand Institute of Acupuncture Inc (NZIA)
- ACC Provider
As of February 1st 2017 Margaret Morris & Epicentre Ltd transferred the ownership of the business to Rachel Wilson who has become the sole proprietor of Naissance Natural Health with overall responsibility for both the business management and conduct of professional practice.